CoreStream and the Green Agenda10 Dec
2019 will forever be known as the year that the world finally woke up to climate change.
The change of consciousness began at about the time of a stark warning by leading climate scientists in October 2018. A report by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) stated that we only have 12 years to limit the impending climate change catastrophe. More recent reports have suggested that the time frame is even smaller.
At CoreStream, we have decided to step up our efforts in ensuring that our employees and our organisation are as environmentally friendly as possible.
Here are some of the ways in which CoreStream is working towards going green:
- Operating as a digital paperless organisation.
- Minimising landfill waste and adopting sensible recycling policies.
- Encouraging the utilisation of reusable products such as water bottles, coffee cups and ethical shopping bags.
- Encouraging staff to walk or cycle to work.
- Ensuring that electrical equipment and lights are off when not in use.
- Adopting online meetings where possible, to reduce travel related carbon emissions.
Instead of sending out Christmas cards this year, CoreStream has donated money to the World Land Trust to plant a tree for each one of our customers. By planting trees with World Land Trust (WLT), we are helping to restore forests that have been lost to deforestation. Every £5 donation to the Plant a Tree programme funds the nurturing, planting, and protecting of one tree that will help restore a forest for wildlife.
If you have any further ideas about how CoreStream can go green, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
As Gandhi once said – ‘Be the change that you wish to see in the world’. If everyone takes action, together we can limit the impending climate change catastrophe.
Wishing you all a happy festive period.